Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tuesday Afternoon - where's the class gone!

Hi guys,

We're now into week 5 of Demonstrating Interpersonal Communication Skills and good to see that you guys are interacting via the class blog. Today as part of week 5 we are continuing on with 'Identify and Interpret non-verbal communication skill'. Hopefully you have read my post on non-verbal communication skills from week 4, regardless they are on my blog to revisit at your leisure. I made two posts this last week covering the issues relating to the so called, 'reading' of non-verbal communication as well the problem of acting on miscommunicated information.

Today I would like you to write down short experience where you attempted to read the gestures, signs, body language, attitudes in an non-verbal situation. Otherwise, write a short piece that demonstrates an experience where information communicated to you or by you that was incorrectly recieved.

Just think of anything from talking to friends, children, parents, police officers, Centrelink staff and think of what you/they said/did and the outcome and what action you took to sort out the issue.

3 comments:

  1. Hi gary ,how was your weekend,i had a great weekend see family and doing thing at home,had my son come over on monaday for the day and found out what he was doing kev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi This is carol I as at the doctors officd to day and the nurse was frounding and pushing items a both quickly. She was also throughing her arms about a lot, looking like she was angery and did not wont to be there.
    Smiled at her and she was all right

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the look on someones face, can often tell a story all by itself, I have had students with daggers coming out of there eyes at me because they were angree but didn't want to say anything. I have had happy faces, were the students think that all is well. I have had sad students, this information was given to me just by the way they have looked at me, sometimes it is scary and frightening and sometimes it is funny and joyful, and sometimes you feel so sorry for those who are sad.

    ReplyDelete